Cancer Council Australia
- National Reach
As Australia's peak national non-government cancer control organisation, Cancer Council Australia advises the Australian Government and other bodies on practices and policies to help prevent, detect and treat cancer. Cancer Council also advocates for the rights of cancer patients for best treatment and supportive care.
Cancer Council’s mission is to lead a cohesive approach to reduce the impact of cancer. Cancer Council works with its members, the eight state and territory cancer organisations to:
• Undertake and fund cancer research
• Provide evidence- based, up to date information
• Provide early detection and prevention programs
• Coordinate a network of cancer support groups, services and programs
• Develop guidelines to provide the best evidence based treatment and care for cancer patients.
• Advise government on the needs of our stakeholders and provides an independent voice for improved cancer control policy based on the evidence.
• Organise events receive donations and bequests and work with our corporate partners to raise money to support our cancer control activities.
Whilst the administration of donations is handled by Cancer Council Australia, all donations are redistributed to your state/ territory Cancer Council.
We're like-minded people making a world of difference.Sign up now